We act for a number of clients who, over the years, have built substantial property portfolios and for those with just one property which they have invested in for their retirement or children.
Whatever kind of investor you are, it is important that you have structured your investment in the correct way to minimise the amount of tax you will have to pay on the rental income and on capital gains if you decide to sell.
Our Property Investor Service
Investing in property can be risky especially if it’s new to you. The UK property market in particular, is facing uncertainty at the moment, but if you take a long term view, investing in property may be beneficial. However, it is important to make an investment that it is structured in the right way.
Our service includes the following:
- Preparation of rental income statements
- Advice on tax allowable expenses
- Capital gains tax advice
- Advice on using tax losses
- Checklists for your tax return information
- Preparation of your annual Self Assessment Tax Return for your approval and submission via the internet
- An estimation of your tax liability well in advance, (provided that records and details are provided to us in a timely manner)
As well as providing accounting and income tax advice we can also advise on the following areas:
- Incorporation of your business and issues surrounding a limited company
- Retirement strategies and planning
- Dealing with Inland Revenue pension planning enquiries
Why use our services?
It is our intention to provide a service that is efficient, offers value for money and which helps to achieve your investment objectives. Our service will aim to:
- Save you money by keeping you informed of tax savings
- Planning – ensuring you are aware of tax liabilities and payment dates enabling you to plan your cash flow
- Peace of mind – we have years of experience in dealing with the tax affairs of owners of buy to let properties
- Frees up your time – as we will be preparing your rental income accounts and tax return, you will be able to spend more time chasing the next investment
- Minimises your risk of Inland Revenue enquiries
We can also help you manage your investment with a tenant finding service or full management.
Contact us for a free initial consultation.